Health Equity Advocacy
The Colorado Trust believes advocacy for policy change is a cornerstone to achieving health equity. Health Equity Advocacy (HEA) was a multi-year funding strategy with the goal to build a strong and diverse field of health equity advocates in the state. This strategy was informed by the belief that building a strong field of advocates—rather than merely strong, individual advocacy organizations operating in isolation—would lead to greater sustainability and to advocates’ ability to successfully respond to a changing political climate.
A Better Future for Colorado's Communities
Strengthening the Health Equity Advocacy Field in a Turbulent Year
A new evaluation report summarizes the 2020 field-building activities of 18 organizations funded through The Colorado Trust’s Health Equity Advocacy strategy.
- Asian Pacific Development Center
- Center for Health Progress
- Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Colorado Center on Law & Policy
- Colorado Children's Campaign
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
- Colorado Fiscal Institute
- Full Circle of Lake County, Inc.
- Grand County Rural Health Network, Inc.
- Lake County Build A Generation
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Padres & Jóvenes Unidos
- The Foundation for Sustainable Urban Communities
- Together Colorado
- Tri-County Health Network
- United for a New Economy
- Valley Food Partnership
Johanna Ulloa Girón
SPR conducted an independent evaluation of the HEA strategy. The evaluation documented and assessed the progress made toward the creation of a robust health advocacy field; identified challenges, opportunities and lessons learned to support further progress; and provided ongoing learning opportunities for grantees as a means to reflect on and refine activities, tactics and strategies.
- Available for download: related webinar recording and slide deck (December 2017)
- Available for download: related webinar recording and slide deck (August 2020)