DENVER, COLO. (May 27, 2021)—The Colorado Trust, a foundation dedicated to creating fair and equal opportunities for Coloradans to lead healthy lives, announced it has granted $5,000 each to five nonprofit organizations in central Colorado in conjunction with the 2021 Rural Philanthropy Days.
Rural Philanthropy Days connects funders with nonprofit organizations and government agencies that serve rural Colorado. The biannual event was created in 1991 by the Community Resource Center (CRC) and the Anschutz Family Foundation to strengthen nonprofit-funder relations and address critical needs in rural Colorado communities.
The 2021 Rural Philanthropy Days for central Colorado, which held virtual funder roundtables April 7-9 (the conference itself is scheduled for September), convened nonprofit organization and funder representatives from Chaffee, Clear Creek, Custer, Fremont, Gilpin, Lake, Park, Summit and Teller counties. Grants of $5,000 were awarded by The Colorado Trust to each of the following organizations:
- Boys & Girls Club of Fremont County, Inc.: Support for the organization’s youth advisory board, with 8-10 youth working with staff to ensure that youth voices are heard.
- Central Colorado Showing up for Racial Justice (fiscal sponsor: Alpine Achiever Initiative): Support for the group’s Radical Language Justice Fund, to cover costs for interpretation and translation services in central Colorado communities.
- Colorado Farm to Table: Support to grow, harvest and distribute fresh produce at no cost to food banks, soup kitchens and pantries, feeding families in need across Colorado.
- Herbal Gardens Wellness: Support for food, technology, other supplies, and active listening and sharing in a traditional Apache talking circle.
- Loaves and Fishes Ministries of Fremont County: Support for training and other resources for the organization’s Journey Home Residents Council.
Since 2009, The Colorado Trust has provided $696,500 in grants to rural Colorado nonprofit organizations via Rural Philanthropy Days, and to CRC to support the statewide Rural Philanthropy Days program. For more information about Rural Philanthropy Days, visit the CRC website.
About The Colorado Trust The Colorado Trust is a foundation dedicated to ensuring all Coloradans have the opportunity to thrive. We partner with people and organizations across Colorado that are working to make positive changes in their communities. We provide funding and other resources so that all people have the power to make decisions that improve their lives and the lives of their neighbors. The Colorado Trust also believes local and statewide policies should have a positive impact on people’s well-being. We provide grants and support to organizations that advocate for policies that ensure all Coloradans live healthier lives. For more information, visit www.coloradotrust.org.