By Erin Adair-Guy
Community Resource Center (CRC) creates opportunities, tools and strategies to develop nonprofits and community groups to strengthen Colorado. Since 1981, CRC has supported nonprofit excellence by helping organizations do their good work better. Through a variety of programs, CRC provides access to resources, high-quality professional development and opportunities to connect with sustainable funding sources. One of CRC’s unique, long-standing programs is the Colorado Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program. Established in 1990, the program helps fill the need for hands-on training and professional development opportunities for new executive directors of small to medium-sized nonprofits.
In our work with nonprofits across the state, we saw that many executive directors lacked access to affordable educational opportunities specific to their new leadership positions. With over 700 participants to date, this program empowers executive directors to develop greater self-awareness, expand leadership capabilities, master new management techniques and cultivate meaningful professional relationships.
CRC seeks qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds from nonprofits in all corners of the state to participate in this professional development opportunity. Qualified candidates must:
- Be executive directors of fully incorporated Colorado 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with budgets between $30,000 and $750,000
- Have a minimum of four years of experience working in the nonprofit sector or equivalent
- Attend all five program sessions (Click here to review 2015 program dates)
- Submit all required application materials by the application deadline (5 p.m. on Jan. 23, 2015)
- Represent organizations with board members who understand and support their executive director’s full participation in the year-long program.
We are now accepting applications for the 2015 Colorado Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program through Jan. 23, 2015. Please review the application and attachments. To learn more about this program, RSVP for one of our FREE informational webinars, on either Jan. 7 from 2-3 p.m. MST; or Jan. 13 from 10-11 a.m. MST.
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Adair-Guy, Education Coordinator at CRC.