The Colorado Trust, a private, statewide foundation dedicated to ensuring all people living in Colorado have the opportunity to thrive, announced it has granted $5,000 each to five nonprofit organizations in southwest Colorado in conjunction with the June 2023 Southwest Rural Philanthropy Days.
Rural Philanthropy Days connects funders with nonprofit organizations and government agencies that serve rural Colorado. The biannual event was created in 1991 by the Community Resource Center (CRC) and the Anschutz Family Foundation to strengthen nonprofit-funder relations and address critical needs in rural Colorado communities.
The June 2023 Southwest Rural Philanthropy Days convened nonprofit organization and funder representatives from Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, and San Juan counties. General operating grants of $5,000 were awarded by The Colorado Trust to each of the following organizations:
- Archuleta Seniors, Inc.: Support for the organization’s work and programming to ensure and improve the well-being of seniors and their caregivers by providing for nutritional security, social connectivity, engagement in the community and more.
- Community Compassion Outreach: Support for the organization’s mission to help people prevent, survive and exit homelessness in the Durango area.
- Manna Soup Kitchen: Support for continuing the organization’s work to address food insecurity in the greater Durango region.
- Onward! A Legacy Foundation: Support for the School Community Youth Collaborative’s efforts in Montezuma County to aid youth on their path to healthy adulthood, with programming including in-school life skills, out-of-school programs, impaired-driving prevention and a gear lending library.
- Power to Act: Support for the organization’s efforts to meet basic physical needs of women facing adversity in the Bayfield community and surrounding region.
Since 2009, The Colorado Trust has provided $853,000 in grants to rural Colorado nonprofit organizations via Rural Philanthropy Days and to CRC to support the statewide Rural Philanthropy Days program. For more information about Rural Philanthropy Days, visit the CRC website.
About The Colorado Trust
The Colorado Trust is a foundation dedicated to ensuring all Coloradans have the opportunity to thrive. We partner with organizations across Colorado that are working to make positive changes for people and communities. We provide funding and other resources to help every person living in Colorado have the opportunity to live a long and healthy life. Our grants support organizations and efforts focused on policy advocacy, community building, direct services, public education and more. We work side-by-side with grantees and community members to ensure grants are solution-based and effective. For more information, visit www.coloradotrust.org.