How We Fund
The Colorado Trust's strategic grantmaking supports the development of a coordinated system of policies, programs and services that expand health coverage, and improve and expand health care.
For these grant strategies, The Trust issues Requests for Applications (RFA) and welcomes responses from nonprofit organizations and governmental entities across Colorado. When a competitive funding opportunity is available, a detailed RFA with related instructions and specific application deadlines is posted to our website. Sign up to be automatically notified by email of future funding opportunities.
On occasion, The Trust also asks organizations that are focused on strategies specific to achieving access to health to submit individual, non-competitive proposals.
Please note that The Colorado Trust does not accept unsolicited requests for funding with one exception, the Convening for Colorado program. Applications for Convening for Colorado will be accepted on a monthly basis. Those received after the 25th of the month will be considered for review the following month.
In response to all Colorado Trust funding opportunities, the following types of organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a)
- Independent sponsored projects of a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization acting as a fiscal sponsor
- Government and public agencies.
- The Colorado Trust does not make grants for the following:
- Political campaigns or voter registration drives
- Capital funding for the purchase, construction or renovation of any facilities or other physical infrastructure
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
- Indirect allocations (excluding fiscal sponsor fees)
- Religious purposes.
Convening for Colorado is currently accepting applications for funding and a new funding opportunity is now available below. If you would like to be notified of future funding opportunities please sign up and you will be automatically notified by email when The Trust posts new information, including funding opportunities, research and publications, and specific topic areas that interest you.