How We Fund
The Colorado Trust is working toward a new grantmaking process. How we currently make grants:
- The Colorado Trust issues Requests for Proposals (RFP) or Requests for Applications (RFA) and welcomes responses from nonprofit organizations and communities across Colorado. When a competitive funding opportunity is available, a detailed RFP/RFA with related instructions and specific application deadlines is posted to our website. Sign up to be automatically notified by email of future funding opportunities.
- On occasion, The Trust also asks organizations that are focused on strategies specific to its grantmaking priorities to submit individual, non-competitive proposals.
In response to all Colorado Trust funding opportunities, the following types of organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a)
- Independent sponsored projects of a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization acting as a fiscal sponsor
- Government and public agencies.
When applying for funding from The Colorado Trust, indirect costs should not exceed 10%.
The Colorado Trust does not make grants for the following:
- Political campaigns or voter registration drives
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt.
HEALTH EQUITY LEARNING SERIES 2015
Posted Nov. 17, 2014
The Colorado Trust is continuing the Health Equity Learning Series through 2015. To expand the reach beyond those able to attend the events in-person, we would like to partner with organizations across the state to live-stream the events in their communities, followed by discussion and networking.
Through a Request for Applications process, we would like to encourage nonprofit organizations and groups to apply to host the four events, with Colorado Trust grants supporting associated costs such as facility rentals, audio/visual technical support, event marketing, food and other event costs. Please note that applications are due to The Colorado Trust by 5 p.m. MST on Dec. 19, 2014.
Link: Request for Applications – PDF
Link: Grant Application – Word format (Note: This is a Word document. In order to complete the application you must first SAVE the document. Submit by 5 p.m. MST on Dec. 19, 2014.)
For more information about this Request for Applications, please contact Maggie Frasure, Communications Manager at The Colorado Trust.