Advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado.
The Colorado Trust is dedicated to achieving access to health for all Coloradans.
Values and Principles
- Stewardship. Manage our resources with integrity and diligence to most effectively advance the health and well-being of the people of Colorado.
- Collaboration. Engage the talents, knowledge and capabilities of our staff and partners, working together to realize mutual goals and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Respect. Value differing views and the worth of others with empathy and an open mind. Earn respect with everyday actions that demonstrate professionalism, competence and a sense of equity.
- Strategic Learning. Use evidence and learning in our work to improve outcomes.
- Innovation. Embrace risks by courageously advancing new ways to achieve our goals.
- Ethics. Conduct all aspects of our work with integrity and transparency.
When the nonprofit PSL Healthcare Corporation was sold to a for-profit organization in 1985, the proceeds of the sale were used to create a foundation dedicated exclusively to the health of the people of Colorado.
Since that time, The Colorado Trust has worked closely with nonprofit organizations in every county across the state to improve health and well-being, ranging from bringing 9-1-1 emergency medical care to 38 Colorado counties to helping foster the development of the state's second largest regional transportation district in the Roaring Fork Valley, and much more.
To build on these efforts and address growing needs to expand health coverage and improve and expand health care within Colorado, The Trust committed to a 10-year goal to achieve access to health for all Coloradans by 2018.
The Colorado Trust is governed by nine trustees representing experience and positions of leadership in health, policy, education, business, religion, finance and the nonprofit community. Trustees are elected by the existing board for an initial five-year term with the possibility of a second five-year term. Ned Calonge, MD, serves as President and CEO of The Colorado Trust.