On July 23, 2015, Denise Gonzales, program director at the Con Alma Health Foundation, and Susan Wilger, MPAff, director of programs at the National Center for Frontier Communities, discussed health equity challenges and opportunities in rural communities of New Mexico, and how lessons learned from recent work can be applied to rural Colorado. More than 100 people attended the presentation at the History Colorado Center in Denver, and the event was also live-streamed to hundreds more at remote viewing parties statewide.
We have provided a discussion guide for you to be able to engage others around health equity and five additional documents below:
- A Roadmap for Health Equity, a summary of the Con Alma Health Foundation’s strategies for promoting health equity in New Mexico
- Snapshot of Rural Health in Colorado, a fact sheet of key issues affecting rural health in Colorado prepared by the Colorado Rural Health Center (CRHC)
- Action for Equity – Rural Colorado, a fact sheet of key health equity issues in rural Colorado prepared by the Colorado Coalition for the Medically Underserved (CCMU)
- Health Perspectives – an infographic created by CCMU
- Health Disparities in Rural Colorado and the Promise of Programs Aimed at Reducing Readmissions – an infographic created by CHRC.
Click here to view the presentation slides. Full video and podcast recordings of the event are available below. You can also download the video here. (Downloading may take several minutes due to the size of the file.)