Achieving the vision of all Coloradans having fair and equal opportunities to lead healthy, productive lives will only be reached by the efforts of many. This level of change requires a collaborative effort by individuals, public and private organizations, government and other stakeholders.
The Trust's strategic grantmaking supports:
- The gathering and analysis of reliable, actionable data informing the degree and characteristics of health disparities among Coloradans
- Health equity policy solutions, via a field-building approach to advocacy and public policy grantmaking
- Communities having the ability to organize and act in a manner that promotes and creates health equity
The Trust issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and welcomes responses from nonprofit organizations and governmental entities across Colorado. When a competitive funding opportunity is available, a detailed RFP with related instructions and specific application deadlines is posted to our website. Sign up to be automatically notified by email of future funding opportunities.
On occasion, The Trust also asks organizations that are focused on strategies specific to achieving health equity to submit individual, non-competitive proposals. Please note that The Trust does not accept unsolicited requests for funding.
In response to an RFP or an individual invitation issued by The Trust, the following types of organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a)
- Independent sponsored projects of a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization acting as a fiscal agent
- Government and public agencies.
When applying for funding from The Colorado Trust, indirect costs should not exceed 10%.
The Colorado Trust does not make grants for the following:
- Political campaigns or voter registration drives
- Capital funding for the purchase, construction or renovation of any facilities or other physical infrastructure
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
- Indirect allocations (excluding fiscal agent fees)
- Religious purposes.